I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Regaining Freedom
It is difficult if not impossible to explain to a non runner why we run. It is just as difficult to explain to a non writer reader why we write. To a runner, running does not have to be explained.  It is never questioned, simply understood. Same as writing, the reason or the hows or whys don’t have to be explained to a writer. It is understood.
I came across that issue after my blog became known to friends.  “Was that post about ….?”  “Why are you writing about a break up?” “Why are you writing about love?”  “Was that about me?”

Easy and quick answer is, I write because I am a writer and what I write about has nothing to do with anyone other than what is in my mind at the moment that my hand holds the pen.
It is a compliment that my writing touches people to the point of feeling it personal, but when you begin to be careful in your writing so that someone doesn’t feel it is about them, then it’s time to stop either caring or writing.
I cannot stop writing. I write impressions, opinions, ideas, observations about life, people, feelings, what I see. I am an observer.
With that in mind, I chose to move my writing to a place where no one can assume I am writing about them because I don’t know any of my readers well enough to write about them and that is the way it should be.
I am regaining my freedom as a writer, an amateur writer, but nevertheless a writer and so this blog was created to expose my observations of life because I am just that, a plain observer of life.