I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, April 16, 2012

Insomnia

Old people talk about sleep.
I talk about sleep or lack thereof.
“I woke up at 4 am and couldn’t go back to sleep”
Yes, same here, that’s been happening for weeks now” somebody my age or older exclaims.
There is never anything enlightening.  No one ever gets up because they really wanted to watch a TV show or to eat ice cream, those things happen because we are awake and can’t get back to sleep.
There is nothing interesting about insomnia either. There are no Earth shaking thoughts or discoveries. I spend the hours telling myself I need to fall asleep and not falling asleep and threatening myself that I am going to get up and go to the gym.  On those times when I have actually considered it and thought about what I am going to wear, I seem to fall asleep. I must assume nothing productive must come out of insomnia, at the very sight of doing something worthwhile I fall asleep. The thing is that I hardly ever think of anything productive, thus my insomnia.