I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, June 04, 2012

Pause Too Long

I have taken a pause in updating my blog. I am writing, just not here. Actually I am not writing new. I am editing old. You see, I finally decided to put some of my writing together in a book mostly for my children.

They know a lot about me. They know I run, I direct races, I do marathons, they know I like to write and my daughter reads me, but they don't know how much I write and that I have been writing for a long time.  I want them to have some of my writing.

I honestly thought this was going to be a quick thing. Pick 200 articles or so out of 650 I have and turn them over to a book company to have them do the work; not so easy...not easy at all.  It has been a lot of work. Just selecting the ones I want has not been easy, then editing them myself to expand some, to combine others, to eliminate phrases of some that are repetitive of others, and to have a diverse selection that includes all my sides, the humor, the opinionated, the fearful person, all of those entities of me.

I hope to be done before my other project, my Celebrate Life Half Marathon returns.  For now, this is all I'm doing and I am enjoying it. Yes, it is a lot of work, and it is enjoyable work.

Thank you for visiting