I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Eureka!

Tired of seeing over 40 houses on the market in search of a perfect one to raise our children, I shared with my coworker my impressions of the last two we had seen; “the  last one we saw is a little too small. The one we saw Monday is bigger, but it's on a busy road.  I don’t know what to pick”. The woman, who at the time appeared much older than I (now, I am older than she was at the time!) replied without taking her eyes off of the pile of filing on her desk, “you will know when you find the right house. You will step into it and know that's the one”. 

I sighed not convinced.
Sure enough, one day we found it.  It did not have all that we were looking for, but we loved it. We made an offer that same day, signed the agreement within days and we moved in months later. We never regretted our decision; it was indeed the perfect house for us.  
There is that perfect emotional house to be found also. We know it when we find it. An emotional neighborhood within ourselves of peace and tranquility.  A state of harmony.
I feel I am there. Comfortable in my own skin. Comfortable in my own domain. Lighter. Clean. Nurturing only that which is healthy and good for the soul and accepting just the same.  Walking away peacefully from what is not.
I don’t know the straight path to get here, like the perfect house I just know I found it.