I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Ride

There have been turbulent times in my life when I would have given anything to bring  back some peace. If I could put time in a bottle I would open it and serve myself a healthy dosage of peace, maybe even have seconds, but it has not been that easy.  The disturbance has been persistent and the turmoil unrelenting. 

That turbulence stuck with me for a long time in part because, creatures of habit, we become used to circumstances as damaging as they may be.  I didn’t find a way to get out of it, step out of the train and let it ride alone. I found ways to catch the train and continue on its ride surrounded by the ones sharing the same ticket. 

Somehow someday, gradually calm returned into my life and with it the tranquility I so desired.  

I watch the train now from the sidewalks and often I don’t even realize of its departure.  I am not interested in joining the passengers that still board it. There are mini rides that sometimes lure me into riding again.  I never buy the ticket again.