I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Summer Nights


I love summer nights.  I love nights, but I don’t like to sleep. Sleep robs me of all the wonder awareness provides. 
 
I like to sit outside on a summer night and watch the twilight time, that moment when the sun disappears in the horizon. 
 
The serenity of summer nights that are anything but quiet invite reflection. I like to start a fire and watch the flames engulf the space dancing to the breeze. I can taste the peace and tranquility that now invades my life while the fire soar.
  
At times I walk around and watch the fireflies illuminate softly the night. I still want to catch one and steal its light.  I resort to watching. 
 
There is peace, there is wonder, there is so much tranquility in these nights. I don’t want them to end but I know that if they didn’t, I wouldn’t appreciate them as much.