I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Never Done


When a person itemizes the things on their check list, I tell them “slow down! Take time to enjoy life!” I feel that people who cannot be happy unless they are doing a million things are a little mental. Frankly, that’s “un burro hablando de orejas” as my family would say or the kettle calling the pot black in more understandable terms. I am one to add a few more things to my check list every time one leaves the list.  

When I finished working on Celebrate Life Half Marathon, I started frantically working on the book, now that the book is done, I am trying to create another race knowing that soon I will have to start working on CL. The closest I come to relaxing is sipping some wine and having the laptop on my lap (if it’s a laptop it should be on my lap, shouldn’t it?) and either reading or writing something.  If I take a walk in my property I lean constantly to remove weeds and then head home to get some garden snippers and of course, I must water the plants and maybe wash off the house fa├žade and all of this in no order what’s so ever.  I cannot do one thing at time. I must do them all.  

Just know I turned my laptop off to purposely give myself some time to relax and enjoy a glass of wine, but then this post assaulted me and I had to write it so I turned the laptop back on. Of course, once I am up, I might as well throw some laundry in the washer and pick something to wear tomorrow. Maybe I can even clean the toilet.