I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Friday, August 10, 2012

Relief

My friend shared the actions that ended some relationships in her life. She looked at me intensely with a light smile on her lips “I feel like a boulder came off my shoulders”. Her statement was a surprise to others, not to me.  I knew her well or I understood what she mean well.  

Amazing, but that is the way sometimes it feels to end something even if at the time it appears chaotic. I have a crazy analogy to it. It is like wearing very tight pants or your hair on a very tight pony tail; we get used to it and go through our day feeling fine until we release the pressure and what a relief! It is a feeling that while suppressed was not missed.  

What could be simplicity in life gets overshadowed with outside stimuli that come in the form of expectations and demands and/or negativity and it’s not in our best interest or benefit. The serenity of life gets distorted easily. The balance tilts to an unhealthy side. But how does a person realize there is that underlining pressure when all appears normal on the outside? Not always, many times something must push it to the limit for it to become obvious.  

We don’t control a lot in life, but we do control a lot.  

My friend had all material elements to stay, and all relief to gain if she left. She chose relief.