I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Those Moments


Had I had to single out of all the things I love about you one,  I would say it is that moment when you allow me to break through and see that vulnerability you hide so well from others. That moment when you tell a story to your audience and you catch my eyes and pause knowing I know, and you know and there is no pretending with me. That moment, I love that moment.  

I love that moment in the middle of your laughter when you look at me and realize I know the tears behind that laugh.  

I treasure the moment in your tears when you reach for me and find solace in my company. When I hold you tight until you fall asleep. I love that moment.  

I love when you carefully dismiss everyone and enjoy that last cup with me. When it is me and you, and no words are needed, no words are ever needed between us.  

I love that moment when our laughter erupts like a volcano and it runs free like boiling lava. And like lava, it leaves a mark each time. We can always go back and remember those great moments, much more than any others because our moments are great.  

And that is what I love the most about you. My moments with you, my time with you is great. It is great today, great when I think about yesterday and I am pretty confident that it will be great tomorrow.