I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, January 07, 2013

I Hate Shopping


I am one of the few people on the face of Earth who dislike shopping, and probably the only woman who dislikes even more shopping for shoes. I am also the only person on the entire universe who does not like pizza. Yes, I am weird you are saying and you are right. 

I don’t have a problem with jeans and slacks. I know the stores where I like to shop and the size that fits me. I walk in and grab what I need, don’t try it on, pay, and I am out. I hang the stuff and eventually one day I surprise myself when I find my treasure and try to remember when I bought it.  

I only have two pairs of shoes. Okay, I admit, I do own a few more pairs, most of them are at least 5 years old, but I only wear two pairs, sometimes 3, not at the same time, thankfully. I have two pairs of black and one pair of brown. There are some high heels in the back of the closet that I never wear. I bought them maybe to wear with one outfit I wore once. There is a pair of boots I bought quite recently that I know will share the same fate as the high heels. I was going to return them, but I couldn’t find the receipt and I, of course, destroyed the box the minute I walked in the house in my…old black pair.  

I shop because I have to shop, not because I want to, we established that. Eventually I am forced to get something new and sometimes I am lured into that “I got a good deal” kick and buy something I have no use for, others would have use for shoes, but I don’t. But, whatever, I buy them and...I store them.  

The other day I bought another pair of boots. Yes, I had bought that one pair already that I know I’ll never wear, they were expensive and they are tight on these runner’s feet. But these one pair was dirt cheap, so cheap I had to stop on my tracks and try the one on display. It fit so I gave it to the attendant who ran in the back and brought a box to me to try. I dislike trying out also, more weird stuff about me, I know. I paid for them without even opening the box to make sure I was getting what I wanted. I came home, put them away and yesterday I decided to look all cool and wear boots and my skin tight jeans.  

I had a pair of boots alright. A pair of the same foot. I always knew I was a bad dancer, but getting two left feet is a little too much of a message, I think. 

So, that’s my rambling about shopping. Everyone who knows me knows I hate shopping and I hate pizza. I never shop for pizza, that’s for sure.