I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Friday, January 04, 2013

Not About Sweetness.


When the homoeopathist recommended I stop all sugars I thought it unconceivable; how could I destroy the taste of my only cup of coffee a day by having it with no sugar? Absurd. Nevertheless over the course of a few weeks banking on the benefits of a healthier life and aware of the harm of sugars, I got myself used to a cup of coffee without it. 

Years later if I bump into a cup of coffee with that sweet substance in it, it goes untouched.  I will not drink it. That, which one day I thought part of my life and which I fought to keep is now unthinkable to have; I despise its mere presence.  

Sometimes it takes a long time to realize that which we kept close to our hearts was damaging to our wellbeing. It takes a long time to appreciate how good life is without it.