I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Open Letter To an Enemy


If it were in my power I'd stop this senseless war you perpetuate. I have not fought your battle in so long that I am no longer aware of what you are fighting for. I don't want to be drawn into nor be part of this war of attrition when there is not enough energy, desire, nor time in anyone’s life to partake in this bitterness. 
 
I want peace.  
What is it that you seek going back to what is gone for so many years now?  What do you expect to get by proclaiming your loathing when only the vultures scavengers who feed on garbage care to participate? 
 
There is nothing left to fight over, and our paths have for long gone in different directions, but your animosity attempts to cross over mine.   Mine has one destination and in it, there is no room to retain the negativity that festered in the past.  Let that past go. Let it go completely.  
 
The shield of my indifference protects me from your wrath, but as a person who once cared for you, I want to stop the spiral of self destruction your hatred will be for you.  Indifference is a beautiful tool to dispose of those feelings that can only harm us. 
 
Karma will be to you only what you wish onto others.  
 
Wish them well or don’t wish them anything at all.  
 
Be well.