I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, March 04, 2013

Running Luck


When I read today on Facebook that a cancer survivor is going back to chemo, merely a week after I heard that the results on a friend were not good, I could only hold my head and think how lucky I am.

How lucky many of us are.  

I couldn’t hide the fear either that reminded me that somewhere in this universe that is my own life lies a menacing enemy that threatened me before. A similar, although perhaps more benevolent, enemy as the one that is threatening the two ladies.  

Does luck run out? Or do we run with luck? I don’t know. It’s a thought I don’t contemplate much, one I do not allow to take habitat in my head because if I do, the fear would overcome my senses.  

The post this morning reminded me of how fragile life is, and as we stand at the edge of a cliff balancing our sanity a single gust of wind can throw us off.  

Life is fragile. Run far with your luck so that your luck doesn’t run out.