I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Sunset Thought


As the sun set my mind flew to wherever you are on the other side of my horizon, a place I no longer care to visit.  

We learn to make home of any place we inhabit, is your loneliness a comfortable home?   That loneliness that did not exist when I existed, it’s now part of your life.  

I gave you much, more than I gave anyone and yet not enough. Have you found more or have you realized there can never be more?  

I loved you more, and yet not enough. Have you found since then what real love is? Did you have it, will you find it again? Will you recognize soon what you missed then?  

Don’t let a tear form as the sunset dies. Remember you had it and you chose to let it go. Breathe deep. Loneliness can be good company, and it feels like home.