I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, June 17, 2013

A Night of Reflection. A Morning of Prayer


This morning I visited a nearby church and prayed. Today was different. My prayer was different.  

There are times when I am lucky enough to experience an epiphany. I like to refer to that moment of awareness as that, a moment of awareness or a shifting of energy. 

It might have been a result of being in a place full of positive energy, kindness, and love. Yesterday I attended The Run and Ramble as I have done almost every year since I started running.  I remember when that race became important to me; it was the day the race director and now my good friend announced -voice breaking -that I had been diagnosed with Lymphoma, one of the blood related cancers to which her race devotes all proceeds. I have been on that podium with her ever since and together we have watched many triumph and others not.  

It was a gorgeous day, a needed break in a streak of rain and dark skies. It happened sometime then, actually as it is when a moment of awareness takes place, I know the exact moment. I feel the energy changing. I looked towards where the crowd thinned and it felt as if a wall came crumbling down, a feeling of peace embraced me as hurt, anger and negativity abandoned me.   

I reflected most of the night on that feeling.  I woke up and visited my favorite church.  I have for many years use the very few moments when I am surrounded by the energy of God in church to pray for the restoration of my health and the healing of my body. Today I made a parenthesis on that wish. Today I prayed for the healing of my spirit. For that wall that crashed down yesterday to never be erected again. 

I prayed for peace.

“There is a light in this world,
a healing spirit more powerful
than any darkness we may encounter.
We sometimes lose sight of this force
when there is suff
ering, too much pain.
Then suddenly, the spirit will emerge through the lives
of ordinary people who hear a call
and answer in extraordinary ways.” ~ Mother Teresa