I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, June 03, 2013

One Year


One year she holds my son and sings him a song,
One year he holds her hand and helps her complete her walk.  

One year I show her how to stay inside the lines with her brandnew crayons
One year she gives me her art to display as my own.  

One year he fits in my hand, and I show him where to go.
One year his fury body is my company no longer so small.  

One year I thought I loved, one year I found out I was wrong.
One year I broke the chains to freedom from abuse. 

One year I did love, one year it ended too,
Two treasures to hold and keep for years with no end.  

One year we meet, one year you leave
One year we meet again, and promise never again.
One year you come back and the dance carries on.

One year I look for company and feel so alone,
One year I find it all right here in my soul.