I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Be Happy

Infrequently Facebook can provide something interesting and positive. Just now I saw a post by my friend about life being too short to be anything but happy.  True. I couldn’t agree more.

We’ve had a rough week. My kid was in the hospital and coincidentally so was my friend. Although I lost it a couple of times, the resilience and ability to adjust of my daughter put things in perspective for me. 
On her first day in ICU I reminded myself of the silver-lining as I remembered the words of a friend years ago “when something bad happens thank God”.  And this week I did. I did because she chose to come home for the weekend, because in spite of my tight schedule I picked her up and because we were able to get an appointment with a doctor.  Thank God, all of that saved her life.  
One thing I learned a long time ago was to not complain about the ones who are not present, treasure instead the ones that are and I have.  It can be difficult at times, but I like to celebrate those who took the time to be with me and with her.  During the four days that she was admitted, I was showered with the support of wonderful friends and relatives, my daughter has recovered and adjusted, and I have been reminded of the love of those people who were with me, what more can I ask for?
My friend was also discharged and likewise she will adjust and recover.  One question I asked her, “can you have wine?” and she said “It’s good for my health”. 
All is well, then.  There is no reason to be anything but happy.
Cheers!