I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, October 07, 2013

Days When I Do...Miss You.

Days like this I miss you.  Moments like today, I miss you.

In those days when you would enjoy the same nonsense I enjoy and I don’t have you nor a replacement, I miss you then.

In those days when my plans take me to places only you would enjoy, and when in the midst of it I find myself alone, I miss you then.
When I look in the distance and spot something only you would dare do, and when I look around and no one braves be what you are, who you are. I miss you then.
When I laugh at my own silliness knowing you’d never give me a shot at being first, I miss you then.
When the day welcomes night and everyone hurries out, I’d smile and say “you’ll stay, won’t you?” I miss you then.
When I get weary and the worries weigh heavy, your hand brushes against mine and your understanding gives me calm.  I miss you then my imaginary friend.