I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Unremarkable 2013


2013 was not a remarkable year in my running.  I would say that it was one of the worse years although compared to previous ones I did run consistently, consistently poor, that is. A tiredness I couldn’t shake plagued me throughout the year.
Writing took a back seat while my race Celebrate Life Half Marathon took on an even higher priority. However, at the end of the year, an idea for a new book crystalized in my head. This time, the book will not be one of reflections, rather it will be a tale of a journey.
My daughter taught me a lesson on resilience and faith in adjusting to her sudden diagnosis of Diabetes Type I.  Her strength and conformity showed me that happiness is found within ourselves. That when we have peace and faith in our lives all can be overcome.  
While the year didn’t seem remarkable or out of the ordinary in my personal life, I regained peace and a spiritual calm I had not experienced in long.  Effortlessly, I found myself surrounded with good friends and people who lifted me up and provided a healthier perspective in life.  To move from turmoil and what is unhealthy is to find freedom again.  I found freedom.
It was a year filled with many laughs and very few tears if any.  A year where I enjoyed all the same the breeze in my face, a cocktail with a friend, a moment of solitude with myself.
2013, not a remarkable year? It was a good year and that is remarkable.