I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Winter

The anticipation of your arrival is worse than anything you might bring.

You announce your presence weeks before your time. You intrude on the weeks of autumn throwing patches of cold air, snow, and sleet whenever given the chance. You turn the previous season into an extension of your greedy self and you take a minute of light a day while we wait.

Much to your dismay I enjoy your arrival. I celebrate your official entrance because in spite of all that you do to get us down, once you are here, I know your days are numbered. With every passing day you lose one minute of your darkness. I no longer have to anticipate you, nor dread you. You are here and just the same soon you will be gone.

Welcome Winter. Spring is close.