I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Thursday, October 22, 2015

You Will Always Be



You will always be the “Why” I couldn’t answer. 
I looked forward to snow days.
You picked me up every time to make sure I would be safe.  You felt you were rescuing me and I let you. 
Sometimes we played hooky.  Those were my favorite days.
I hated snow when you were gone. It never felt so cold.
I sat by my window hoping you would show up out of habit if nothing more.
Habit was all I could hope for.  An ephemeral encounter, a passing thought. A desire to rescue a woman in love.
Snow days are a sweet memory now. I look out the window  and sometimes I invite you in.  Out of habit perhapsI still hope that I'll be rescued again.


I couldn't answer then why you left when someone asked. I still wouldn't be able to answer now.


You will always be the Why I couldn't answer