I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Album


Even after actions turned the feelings sour, I held on to one memory: an album made for me of at-the- time-thought happy moments. Not that I ever spent any time visiting those times or going back to the album, but it purposely escaped my many spring cleanings and for a while I felt it was worth keeping regardless of the outcome of that time.
As time provided clarity, I realized there had not been anything worth remembering from that time, but still I felt a part of my life, good or bad, deserved some safekeeping. Every relationship leaves something behind and this one should be no exception.  Something can be learned from every experience.
Years went by and occasionally I bumped into the box. Never gave it much thought, but left it intact. Recently I saw it again. It was like an old shoe that never fit right. The only memories left of the steps taken in it are painful ones, nothing more. The kind that always hurt my feet and one I would never want to wear again.
So it was time to discard of the album. I was once again proved that forevers have an end date and nothing stays the same. Actions  change feelings. Sometimes it’s good to get rid of things that should have never been part of our lives. Items that should have never made our closet.